Hyper Link

Left-click happy musings fueled by interest, humor and insomnia.

7.04.2006

Hey, Listen.

Kwaya Na Kisser blogs two movie related posts:
  • Songs That Make The Movie- My personal favorite is Veruca Salt's (no, not the band, the original.) "I Want It Now". Along with the obligatory Lloyd Dobler boombox serenade, there are also some great tracks you might not of thought to find, like "Goodbye Horses" from Silence of the Lambs.

Pulps gets reissued. Lock up the kids, dear. Myspace just got hotter: Jarvis gets a myspace page. He also pens a new solo tune.


Good Hodgkins and Music Saves team up for a CD Giveaway contest. All you have to do is write a third grade report on why you think music saves.
What makes a good 3rd grade report? It’s short, to the point, imaginative, and sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader. It must start with the phrase “I think MUSIC SAVES because…”
Here’s an example:
Assignment: Write a 3rd grade report about why Thom Yorke is cool.
Report: Thom Yorke is cool because he spells his name with an “h” and he has a lazy eye. He’s in a good band called Radiohead and he shakes a lot when he sings.

4 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Rock on. Though for me, Goodbye Horses will always be from Married to the Mob (an earlier Demme release). And if you're aiming that Limahl reference in my direction, you have underestimated me—I have the NES theme on both cassette and CD. :)

7/04/2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger kate said...

OMG, that Jake Ryan article is brilliant. Schoeffling is totally the "the Salinger of male model/actors"--I think he is immortal precisely because he didn't have another big hit (Mermaids doesn't count b/c people never remember him in that). Sigh. I love Jake Ryan.

7/04/2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Ok sorry, I have one more thing to say. I love Cusack, but Lloyd is not my favorite character. Lloyd lost points with me for wanting Diane Court, who is thankfully called out as being totally annoying in that article and for eventually loving Lloyd because of problems with her dad (I had a hard time warming to Frasier for years, simply because the dad I loathed so much from Say Anything was Frasier's dad, etc.). It's true. Demographically, I fit into the Cusack column. And I love him. But a Lloyd-Jake rivalry seems flawed. Hm. Somebody needs to make t-shirts.

7/04/2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger *g said...

Jake tees:
http://search.80stees.com/?q=jake+ryan

Llyod tees:
http://search.80stees.com/?q=john+cusack

and that's just one site. I'm sure there's more out there. Oh, and yes, I guess I did underestimate you. lol.

7/04/2006 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger