Hyper Link

Left-click happy musings fueled by interest, humor and insomnia.

3.13.2006

I am woman, hear me roar-while I knit.

This article in Slate is upsetting. I understand the author's point about being paralyzed by opportunity, but I don’t necessarily equate this problem solely to women. I think it could be an American or possibly even a Western problem. Or maybe it’s just me?

Speaking of traditional vs. non-traditional, young women seem to be embracing the feminine rolescrafts that their grandmothers (and their grandmothers) set forth. Most of these new titles clearly state that they are NOT your grandmother’s (insert name of craft) book. I am on the hunt for a sewing book that is not de mi abuela.

And in a totally non-gender-biased, equal opportunity creative realm; this is my kind of DIY book. (RR, I think this is JUST what you are looking for, no?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger